Solved

Heap to Hubspot data out sync not working

• 20 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

We’ve successfully synced a segment into Hubspot and a list was created, but when looking into the contact list on Hubspot, there are no contacts inside.

Just asking here if anyone has experienced the same and if you have any solutions.

icon

Best answer by Josh Roberts 20 March 2023, 18:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @aise.manuel Do the contacts in the Segment already exist in Hubspot? It will only include users who exist and will not create new users in Hubspot.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Josh Roberts, yes we did check that. The contacts already existed on Hubspot when the sync was triggered.

I’ve created a test segment on Heap with identified users as a filter, but only a few of those users were successfully synced into Hubspot. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks for clarifying that, @aise.manuel! Do you have any other segments successfully syncing? I would also double check that your credentials and permissions are configured properly. Finally, can you try deleting the segment in both Heap and Hubspot, recreating in Heap and attempting to sync again?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Josh Roberts, thanks for the reply.

At the moment, none of the other segments are fully syncing. All the segments that we’ve synced would appear on Hubspot, but not all the users/contacts will appear on the list, even if the contact already exists on Hubspot.

I’ve done what you’ve suggested with the credentials and deleting then recreating the segment and resync, but still getting the same results. It seems that the sync is working, but only up to a limited number of contacts.

Another question regarding the recurring sync. When the segment is updated every 4 hours, will the synced list on Hubspot reflect the updated users/contacts?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @aise.manuel, thank you for the additional details.

At this point, I would suggest reaching out to our Solutions Engineering/Support team with examples of segments that aren’t fully syncing so they can help troubleshoot exactly what’s going on.

----

Another question regarding the recurring sync. When the segment is updated every 4 hours, will the synced list on Hubspot reflect the updated users/contacts?

Yes, users no longer in the segment will be removed, and any new users added to the segment in Heap will be added in Hubspot.