Solved

Aggregating users by properties

• 30 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I’m new to Heap.

I’d like to track usage over time for my user, but aggregated by a user property (or properties).

For example, let’s say I want to track sessions over time. Each of my users has a property “A”, “B”, etc. The values are not necessarily unique to each user. I want to see aggregated results, both total and unique, by this property. For example, I would want to see did users from “A” have a session in the last week. If 5 users with property “A” had a session, can Heap aggregate this and display a single unique session for users in “A”

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by LinG 6 December 2022, 00:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Corey,

I don't believe what you want is possible. It sounds like you want a boolean value that shows whether a group of people who met specific criteria performed an action (created a session in your example) but Heap does not aggregate at that level. If you run a query with your criteria and get results, that will validate users in a particular group created a session (or whatever action you're looking to analyze) but you will also see the number of users who performed the action.