Solved

Count sessions where an event or page visit happened

• 10 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Is there a way to count unique sessions where an event or page visit happened? For example my product has a dashboard and I’d like to analyze how many times per month or quarter users visit the dashboard. For example to get a report that says XY% visit dashboard 5x per month, ZZ% visit dashboard 10x per month etc. Counting each visit doesn’t exactly cover this because some users move back and forth, visiting the dashboard multiple times per session.

icon

Best answer by Daniel J 12 September 2022, 20:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I think I see a couple separate reports/questions here. The first would be a graph, number of sessions. To look at the subset, as in your example XY vs ZZ, you can filter for that specific subset or the compare segment option to compare one segment vs the other.

To address the second portion of the question I would recommend creating a ratio report. Count of the action, in this example view dashboard, over count unique of the action. This will show how many times per user is this done on average. You can use the same filter option mentioned in the last example, but not the compare user option.

Check out the links above for a little more detail on each topic.