Solved

Event Visualizer Unable to Find Heap

Badge +1

Hello,

I’ve installed heap tracking on our website and everything seems to be working apart from the event visualizer. I can see that heap is sending click and page load events correctly, and heap object does exist when called from the console. Has anyone else encountered this issue before?

icon

Best answer by Jonas-Heap 22 December 2022, 20:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi!

Sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble using the Event Visualizer. There can be a number of reasons why the Event Visualizer might not load and these are outlined in our documentation here. Can you let us know if you’ve already run through this list of potential reasons and are still running into issues using the Event Visualizer? Thanks!

Badge +1

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for the response. Yep, I have already tried the troubleshooting steps outlined in the documentation, still no luck in loading the event visualiser. Other than the event visualiser, the heap tracking is working i.e. it is capturing events when looking at the live data feed.

Badge

We have the same issue, and can’t access the visualiser at all on one of our products since last month :( But I’ve also had it sporadically on one of our other products, which suggests it may be a transient issue? Literally one moment today it showed the ‘can’t find Heap’ message then 2 minutes later it was fine.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If you see the “Can’t find Heap” message coming up when you launch the event visualizer, here’s one thing to try:

1. Enter the URL on the visualizer and click “Launch” again.
  2. When you click Launch, you’ll notice a new browser tab open to the left of your current tab. Click into this new tab.

This can help work around an issue with certain installations of Heap that use Google Tag Manager or otherwise delay the loading of Heap until after the webpage has fully loaded. Switching into the new tab allows the page (and Heap) to fully load so that the Event Visualizer can find Heap on the target page and load successfully.