Solved

Feature Request: Change default of Live View to be filtered to your events

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I use the “Live Events” view all the time when defining events.. it’s the lifeblood of Heap. I can’t figure out why this toggle for “Show only my events” is disabled by default.  If this just was enabled by default, it would save us all so much time.  We could then just bookmark the live Events page and in a single click be cracking at debugging.  Instead we have to load, wait a few seconds while the UI becomes responsive (because most environments have tons of events streaming in) then tap the toggle.

icon

Best answer by Jonas-Heap 30 June 2022, 21:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Trevin, this is useful feedback! This toggle works by targeting both your IP address and your current browser instance, which can make it less useful for users who frequently need to test in incognito windows or mobile apps. With that said, I think having a discussion around providing more options here makes sense—for example, would it be useful if the live view remembered the filters from your last session? That way, it could remember the “Show only my events” toggle, but it could equally remember e.g. an “IP address equals x” filter for users who use that filter most often.

Speaking for myself, I use that option more often than “Show only my events”, so I feel like I’d get more value out of Heap remembering my previous filter—but I’m curious what you think!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

...for example, would it be useful if the live view remembered the filters from your last session? That way, it could remember the “Show only my events” toggle, but it could equally remember e.g. an “IP address equals x” filter for users who use that filter most often.

Speaking for myself, I use that option more often than “Show only my events”, so I feel like I’d get more value out of Heap remembering my previous filter—but I’m curious what you think!

Yes I think that would be better and handle my case and yours.