Solved

Feature request: More complex filter logic with nested AND and OR clauses

• 17 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Would love more powerful filtering with AND and OR logic.  Often times we have complex queries that we would greatly benefit from nested AND and OR combinations.

For example, we cannot logically make this a filter:

Without this support, I now have to make multiple events, then combo events which makes things harder to manage.

icon

Best answer by Adam Muir 19 August 2022, 18:26

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hey Trevin,

Adam from the Solutions team here.

Heap does support the nesting of AND/OR logic combinations in both filters and defined properties.

Filter Example:

zfuHKgAXeriPyetvj766JEZFjJ537FGd6hlcDZ-CPUPO3bPuc05lzCHTzv-9Mwq43AqGb6bDhkC6_skYGQTYbwsXAAe04IHCSsOP8DtJ5vey3_BOtcgk-TzRmcwVQ83X0kRwUwxfvI2mNKcKUCnNpCQ

Defined Property Example

1nYo61JdW0THvNuhXjMMeCX4LvwxSaBJMxTrTucd7AmqB5zedq8ktxP3Sed6YZ0gb1aIwizyvJWL4ZpsETJBNZ0DqTzWZy978-sPd5_7FdfFjej3N3aXmKXg_DOOVa37d5zuUikauBWrqpwu8pgOLvY

Having said that, you are correct, we cannot logically create the filter in your example as Heap does not currently support nesting conditions within an already nested condition. With this in mind, I’ll pass your feedback on to our Product team.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey Trevin,

Adam from the Solutions team here.

Heap does support the nesting of AND/OR logic combinations in both filters and defined properties.

Having said that, you are correct, we cannot logically create the filter in your example as Heap does not currently support nesting conditions within an already nested condition. With this in mind, I’ll pass your feedback on to our Product team.

😀 The whole point of the psot was about the nested conditions :) Thanks for passing the feedback along.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’d love to have this feature too!  I’ve been limited by not being able to nest conditions and have had to figure out a workaround.