Heap Live View - Chrome Extension

• 27 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

For those who use Heap Live View a lot and also have problems with that “Show Only My Events” toggle, here’s a cool extension that might save you guys some time! 

How it works: 

You literally just open the website you are working on, click on the extension and voilà. Wait for a couple of seconds and it should open heap for you in a new tab, in the correct heap project and filter Live View with your unique userID for that environment. 

How to install it: 

You just unzip the file and follow the instructions below. 

Caveats:  

It might take a couple seconds for the filter to be set. 

Once you click on the extension, you shouldn’t click anything until the filter appears. As this extension has no connection to the backend, it will be acting on the tabs and pages themselves. If you change your tab, for example, while the extension is running it will break the process and you’ll have to run it again. 

Hope it saves you a lot of time! Have fun! 

Cheers, 

Murilo Fugazzotto 

Dev at KIS Solutions 

https://kissolutions.tech/

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This is so cool @murilofuga !! Thank you for sharing it. I’m sure it’ll come in very handy, especially for customers with many projects and environments. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Wow! This is incredible! Thank you for sharing @murilofuga!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Nice idea, but I don’t love it auto opens a view every time.  I wish Heap would just default the Live View each time to “Show only my events” to be ON instead of OFF.  Then we could just have a bookmark and be off to the races.

I submitted this feature request just now: