Solved

How can I create an new segment using Salesforce Account Name?

• 16 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi all,

I have salesforce connected to Heap, but I can't create a segment based on Salesforce Account Name. I hav the field available and I can only use it in the filter section when creating a report.

This doesn't make much sense to me because it doesn't let me optimize my reports. By creating a segment it's much easier and faster to filter my reports.

Hope you can explain me the reason why this is happening.

Best regards,

Bernardo

icon

Best answer by Nora-Heap 16 May 2022, 22:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Bernardo,

At the moment account properties cannot be used in Heap’s segment definitions—apologies for that inconvenience! There is a workaround your team can use to help you get the same segment you want to create, detailed below. (And in the meantime, I’ll upvote a feature request for this functionality.).

Because segments can only be defined with user properties, your team will need to create a custom field on the Salesforce Contacts for the associated Account Name. You can create this custom field using something like a formula field in Salesforce. Once this field exists on the contacts, you will be able to sync it into Heap as a user property, and then use that user property in your segment definition criteria. The next step is to get in touch with your Salesforce admin to create the custom contact field. 

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.