Solved

Using Personal Defined Event Properties in Charts

• 14 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have recently created a new Formula/Regex based property that I plan to use to aggregate how often certain common page components are clicked over time. When I try to use this new property when creating a chart, I am able to select the property from the appropriate event, but the chart reports always show no values, as if the property value is not available to the chart I am trying to build.

I verified the property value is being populated correctly as the correct values are shown in the Live data feed as I generate events from the application. My custom property appears in the “Other Properties” section of the window.

Is there a limitation somewhere that does not allow me to use the value generated in personal properties for use in a chart?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by dlad 19 December 2022, 19:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey there! You should be able to. It’s especially encouraging that it shows up correctly in Live View. If I understand right, it shows up correctly in Live View, but if you choose the very same event in an analysis, and group by the property, it shows no data? That doesn’t sound right. 

Let me know if after taking another look at it, it still doesn’t jive.