New Community Member Introductions!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello and welcome to the Heap Community! I’m @davetee -  Heap’s Community Manager.

The Community is the place to ask questions, share ideas and connect with Heap users. Everyone is invited, from seasoned experts to brand new users. You’ll find great conversations with product leaders, data analysts, designers, marketers and customer success managers that all share a common goal - creating amazing customer experiences in their products.

Take a moment to introduce yourself

• What is your role and in which industry do you work?
  • What would you like to gain from the Community?
  • What would you like to share with the Community?

I’ll start

I’m Dave. I’ve worked for a number of technology companies (and now Heap!) creating platforms that help people share ideas and connect with others. I want to help Heap users get answers to their questions and create a place to discuss new approaches to product innovation and product strategy. I have experience deploying and managing communities, learning management systems, and knowledge bases. I’ll be sharing my ideas on how Heap analysis on these platforms can improve the customer experience. That’s in addition to all the other community members sharing their Heap experience.

Your turn!

Reply below to introduce yourself

40 replies

Badge

I’m Pat.  I am the Director of Sales & Partnerships for Ragnarok.  Ragnarok is a marketing technology agency providing implementation and retained services.  As an agency partner we work closely with the Heap team onboarding and supporting clients.  Personally, I have been in Marketing Technology for 15+ years starting in Email and progressing into multi-channel.  Lately, I’ve been learning a great deal about CDP’s and ETL. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Helllooo! My name is Anya, and I am a product manager in the Fintech space! 

I love being a Heap user- and I want to share my appreciation for this awesome tool, and to help out new users (I know it can be daunting at first!) 

I would love to receive more insights and ideas from Community - I think it is important to sometimes think about a different problem, and how to approach it, in order to get past something you, yourself, are currently stuck on. 

Let’s get Heap-y! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi everyone! I’m Marcel, I am an Associate Director of Product Management in Xandr. Xandr is an advertising technology company that provides software for both publishers and advertisers in the online advertising space. I specifically work in the DSP, the platform where agencies set up their programmatic campaigns. I’ve been using Heap for roughly two years myself and have also done a lot of promotion internally to get other folks as excited to use Heap as I am!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey y’all! I’m Renée, current docs team lead and owner of all things related to the Heap Help Center and dev/API docs. As you can probably guess, we use Heap ourselves (lovingly called “Heap on Heap”) to measure engagement with our docs. I’m excited about this community as a place to share info on how we use Heap. I’d also love to be able to use this community to improve our docs by adding answers to common questions asked around here. Looking forward to connecting!

Badge

Hi All,

I am Tushar. I am responsible for Presales and Services teams at Heap. Very excited to be part of our community and hear from our users and customers about how Heap is adding value to your business and how can we service and support you better :-)

Cheers

Tushar

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi New Friends!

My name is Eric, and I’m a member of Heap’s education team. I’m excited to see what questions, discussions, and great ideas come out of this community. I’m relatively new to Heap, and was previously working in Higher Education. (In other words, I’m learning alongside all of you!) Please feel free to reach out with any questions about Heap U or other education questions. If I don’t know it, an awesome member of my team does!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey there,

My name’s Mahlon, and I’m a product manager with Accelo.  Accelo is a powerful platform for managing all of your client work in one place.  It includes tools like CRM, sales pipelines, project management, support ticketing, retainer management and billing.  I work on both our integrations and data reporting products, which help our users to connect the work they manage in Accelo to the tools that help them do it, and to gain valuable insights into that work.  We use Heap internally to help us answer questions about how users are interacting with our platform so that we can prioritize our improvements more accurately.  I’m excited to share what we’ve learned about Heap, and to learn more about all of the exciting new insights we haven’t thought of yet!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello Community! 

My name is Deanna and I’m a member of the Heap Customer Education team. I’ve been a customer educator in the SaaS space for a while, but I’m new to product analytics. I’m eager to learn not only how you’re using Heap so solve your burning product questions, but I’d also like to hear about your challenges and victories as a Product Management professionals. Our goal is to make Heap Customer Education as real-world and relevant as possible, and the best way to do this is go straight to the source. So please feel free to reach out if you’d like to see us cover topics that exist both inside and outside of the Heap application. Toward that end, Heap University has been integrated into our Heap Community platform, so if your looking to add to the peer-to-peer learning you’ll gain from being a member of the Community, click the University link in the navigation menu and check out our courses, live training and recorded offerings. Happy Connecting, Heap Community!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m all about Community!

Welcome to all Heap users, new and more seasoned. Regardless of your experience, I am sure you will find this forum to be extremely helpful! I am Deb and work at Workhuman, an HR software company whose primary message to the world is that recognition not only makes people feel good, but it also instills in them a connection to a larger community - which in turn results in longer tenure and productive careers. Think about the last time someone took a moment to say “thank you”. 

My role extends throughout the company and involves me working with Product, Marketing, Ecommerce, Fulfillment, and countless other teams. Understanding what the business questions are are key in then being able to guide business partners along the right path to discovery. I enjoy talking to people and acting as a consultant to listen and learn about the problems so that we can come up with solutions. 

I look forward to brainstorming, chatting, and learning more from all of the great analysts out there in Heap-Land!!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, my name is Linda and I'm a data analyst at NWEA. We provide assessment software to help educators, parents, and students analyze student academic growth. I am the Heap data owner tasked with building our Heap services and supporting stakeholders looking to make informed, data-driven decisions. I would like to utilize the collective strength and knowledge of Heap's community of users and, when possible, provide guidance from what I've learned in the course of using Heap.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello! I’m Jen and I’m a Senior BI Analyst at Bloom & Wild, an online flower company trading across 8 countries across Europe. As an avid Heap user, I am excited to be part of this community and super eager to learn from all of you Heap Champions so we at Bloom & Wild can continue to use Heap to the max and gain valuable insights. In addition, I’d love to share with you how beneficial heap has been to us and how we’ve gone beyond using it for Product Analytics and in fact its an integral tool across many of the other business areas. 

Badge

Hi friends, my name is Kevin and I am a data analyst at OnChain studios. We are building the world’s first digital toy company, called Cryptoys. We are going to have mini-games on our website and larger games off-site. I am learning Heap to be able to analyze and funnel our user’s experience on both the site and in the games. I have been a data analyst in other fields, but new to this one. I am looking forward to lots of answers to questions, and then eventually being able to pass that help along myself to someone new. Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey everyone! I’m Brian, a member of the support team here at Heap. If you’ve ever written in to support@heap.io, there’s a chance I’ve been on the other end answering those questions. I’ve spent the last year learning as much about this product as I possibly can, and I’m still discovering new and exciting features and uses of Heap, often from the same users who write in with questions! I’m super excited to see what this community can learn and figure out together!

Badge

Hi New Friends!

My name is Eric, and I’m a member of Heap’s education team. I’m excited to see what questions, discussions, and great ideas come out of this community.

What he said!

Badge

👋🏾 I’m Will. I’m currently a Product Manager at Teachers Pay Teachers, a marketplace enabling teachers to buy and sell educational materials from one another. Looking forward to learning how teams of various sizes use Heap to be more data-informed as well as share the ways we use Heap at TpT as part of our decision making process.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey everyone :wave: i’m Travis.  I work on Heap’s Solutions Consulting Team.  During my day to day I help prospective heap clients understanding what product analytics is and how to use it to effectively achieve business outcomes.  

I use heap A LOT.  Just in this past year I have ran over 7000 queries across more than 300 accounts.  And yes of course I used Heap to answer that question!  

I want to help you all use the knowledge that I have gained working here to show you best practices on how to analyze your products.  If you have any questions about the tool please reach out to me.  I look forward to all the interesting ways our community uses the tool as well :muscle:.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all! 👋

I’m Rob and I manage Matillion’s website. Matillion is a company on a mission to make the world’s data useful through its cloud-native, enterprise-level data integration products (@MightyPat you mentioned ETL - you should check out Matillion ETL if you haven’t already 😁).

I have loved using Heap over the past 1.5 years since joining Matillion and I use it pretty much every day. In that time, I’ve learned a lot about how it works, how to use it effectively and to get the most out of it, so I hope to share some of that with the community.

There’s also still plenty to learn, so I’m keen to hear how others use Heap to drive value for their business.

Looking forward to seeing this Community flourish - I’m sure it will!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello everyone! I’m Adam. I’m a product analyst for a large online wine retailer. We have multiple product teams across multiple markets and we use Heap to help us explore how our users interact with our product and where their potential road blocks might be. 

I’ve been using Heap almost daily for over 3 years now and it’s my tool of choice for all on-the-fly UX analysis. 

Despite that, I know there’s a lot more I can be using Heap for. I’m looking forward to learning tips and tricks from the community, especially around more sophisticated data capture and also around account dsicipline. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Everyone! I’m Sean, a Solutions Consultant here at Heap.  We are focused on showing prospects the power of Heap and enabling them through the buying process.

I’ve been here for about 5 months, and I have to say it’s been the best career decision.  I’m loving the process of learning more about the product (which is epic), along with how we can help companies be more effective on their digital analytics journeys.  I’m really passionate about analytics and providing prospects with a catered experience.  Excited to learn and engage with you all :sunglasses:

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi everyone, I’m David! I’m a data scientist at Mejuri, a D2C eComm business that is redefining the jewelry business. 

As a daily user of Heap for over a year, I am excited to be a part of this community, amongst all the other Heap users! The biggest challenge we all face is not knowing what we don’t know, and I think this community will help unlock some of those unknowns and provide insight on Heap solutions which we may not be leveraging today. In the same way, that is how I am hoping I could be contributing to this community! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi everyone, I am Milena, a Senior Product Manager at tails.com, a tailored dog food subscription, leading the Growth Squad in building the best signup experience. We have used Heap for a couple of years now and are big users of product analytics to understand our customer behaviour and the impact we are having with our experiments. 

I am looking forward to hear tips and tricks from the community to discover new ways to use the platform and uncover even more insights. Happy to share how we have used Heap so far, especially exploratory analysis that helps us target the right hypotheses to improve the customer experience!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Heap Community !

I’m Jules, working currently as a Product Data Analyst in the Malt Data Team. Malt is a leading European freelancing platform putting together independent workers (mainly tech, data and design people, but also business consultants) with companies.
I am working on the client side on this marketplace, exploring acquisition, activation, and engagement of our client users. Heap has been key for us to understand the usage of our product and is now part of the feature impact assessment roadmap.

I am looking forward to hear from Heap champions and hopefully help new users in learning how to master this great tool into your organization.

Badge

Hey Everyone!

Love reading all these intros and the diverse backgrounds that make up our community. I’m Eric, sales guy @ Heap. Im really interested in learning more about the different ways teams use Heap, and better understanding the ever changing field of  product management. 

Looking forward to following discussions and giving my two cents whenever I can based off what I have seen during my time at Heap:)

Let’s go!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Heap Community! 

I’m a manager in our Solutions Consulting team, helping prospective clients understand how the use of Heap can add value to their business. I’ve been with Heap for over one and a half years, but was a partner for a few years before that when I worked at an analytics consultancy. I’ve worked at one of the early web analytics companies (shout out to those who remember Webtrends!), and then worked at a tag management startup, so the Heap solution appealed to me immediately, and I’m so glad I have the opportunity to work here!

I’m really looking forward to learning more about how our clients are using Heap, and especially how they respond to the exciting new features we have planned for this year and beyond.

As to my display name, I’m one of two DJ’s at Heap, and both of us are in Solutions Consulting. We needed a quick way for people to tell us apart. The other DJ is on the west coast, and I’m based in RI on the east coast, therefore “DJ East”!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Heap community! My name is Megan and I’m a Principal Product Manager at Upgrade. I’ve worked in growth roles on both the marketing and product side at various FinTech companies throughout my career and have used Heap at many of them. I am looking forward to having a dedicated place to brainstorm ideas for how to solve business problems and analytics challenges using Heap, and to get inspired by how others are using Heap in creative ways. I’m also happy to share what I’ve seen work at Upgrade and how Heap adds value and fits into our overall product analytics toolkit.