Solved

How to clear event counts

Badge +1

I inadvertently started in the Production environment and would now like to clear the event counts.  is this possible or do I need to delete and recreate them?

icon

Best answer by jonathan 27 May 2022, 22:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @TyH: I’d recommend reaching out to support@heap.io to see if they can help you with this request. The “right” answer to solving this type of problem—errant data sent to the wrong environment—depends on the specifics (mostly stating this for everyone else reading this in future).

Also worth mentioning that events in Heap are wrappers around underlying raw data so deleting those and recreating them would have no impact on the event counts. 

Hope that helps!

Badge +1

Thanks Jonathan.  

Would deleting them and recreating with a different name start those events with 0 counts?  Or would it pull the same data up if the event was defined the same way?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks Jonathan.  

Would deleting them and recreating with a different name start those events with 0 counts?  Or would it pull the same data up if the event was defined the same way?

The latter—the important thing is the way it is defined, not the name it gets. Event definitions are basically descriptions or models of what raw data should be labeled. e.g. An event defined as a click on button#sign-up will match the same data no matter what you call it in Heap.