Solved

How to give existing Heap user access to a new Heap account?

• 28 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Are users only allowed to join one Heap account? I am consulting with multiple clients, where each client has their own Heap account for their organization. However, whenever they try to add me as a teammate it triggers the error “The following users are already part of a Heap account”. Seems pretty restrictive, unless I am missing something? How can someone be added as a teammate to other Heap accounts if they already have an existing account of their own?

icon

Best answer by Christy H 28 September 2022, 21:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey @diana

Thanks for sharing this feedback. We designed this flow to prevent users at a company from creating a new Heap account when one already exists for their organization but can see how your situation is a bit different.

The way around this would be to create an alias for your email address by appending a plus ("+") sign and any combination of words or numbers after your email address. For example, if your email address was heapfan@gmail.com, you would ask your client to invite heapfan+clientname@gmail.com to the account. This will then allow you to log in to each account separately.

I hope this helps, Happy Heaping!