Identity not displayed in dashboard

• 13 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • New Participant
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have the same problem as other posters here, we are calling heap.identify() correctly and can see that the requests to heap analytics are including our custom ID in the payload (and going to the console and entering heap.identity correctly returns our custom ID).

All our sessions are still appearing as Unidentified.

Any chance you could apply the same workaround you did on the other accounts so our identities are processed on all our environments please?

Cheers
Marc

icon

Best answer by julia 16 February 2023, 22:11

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Hi Marc! Happy to help…

Question… do you have two environments for this same application that you are navigating between?

For example… do you have a development environment AND a production environment where Heap is deployed? Then is the user you’re interested in navigating in the app on the same browser and profile in both development and production and going back and forth?

Regards

-Frank Martens
Solutions Consultant

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Marc As with the other posts, there is some latency in the system that is impacting new properties showing up. This is not normal behavior, and engineering is working on solving the underlying problem. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Frank Martens Hi, I have first tested it with the Development environment on my local development machine, and we have now deployed it to a staging environment as we are testing the product before we go to production with it. This is all for the same project / web app.

I was testing on the same browser for both environments, and one of my team members was only testing on staging from a different computer / browser / ip.

I think I just need to wait until your engineers have figured out what is causing the delay in processing then.

Cheers for the quick answsers. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Marc, I hope you saw the answer in the other thread on this topic

Moving forward our engineering team has marked this incident as resolved.

Here’s our status page for reference: https://status.heap.io/