Solved

Power User Curve - L30 - Frequency of Sessions

• 4 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi folks!

Has anyone tried setting up a power user curve as defined here? https://andrewchen.com/power-user-curve/

Basically a graph of “Total Active Days” on the x-axis and “% of Users” on the y-axis. 

I’m a bit new to this, but I’m guessing it’s a sum of the number of times they had a session that month (or week) or the frequency of times they had a session that month? 

I can’t find a way to set this up on Heap though. Here’s what I’ve tried

Retention Analysis: From Session to Session (the problem is that it’s sequential rather than a sum. ie. it looks at how long it took for them to come back 2 days vs 30 days instead of total number of times they were back)

Usage over Time: Count Unique of Sessions, Grouped by “Users Who Have Done a Count of Session” (the problem is that it does a sum for each date instead of a rolling 7 or 30 day count)

Funnel: Page View to Page View, Grouped by “Users Who Have Done a Count of Session

Any other ideas?

icon

Best answer by Ariana-Heap 5 October 2022, 23:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @MNPF! Thanks for your question. 

Currently, we do not have built-in functionality within the Heap UI to create a power user curve. At this time, the best option will be to use Heap Connect to send Heap data to your data warehouse so that you can build this custom analysis downstream.

I have also submitted a feature request for the ability to create a power user curve within the UI to our product team on your behalf.