What is a person called who uses Heap? I suggest Heapster

• 23 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just curious if there’s already a standard name.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Chase Sommer Loves Heap omg - you definitely win best user name! Internally, we’re Heaple, but I love the term Heapsters for all users! Very cutting edge. 😀

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We don’t have names for people who use Heap (other than massively intelligent and extraordinarily good-looking), but we do have them for those that work here.

There are various camps, and shifting alliances over the years. (I go back to 2016.)

I don’t think there’s an Official Name but Heaple has definitely won out as the collective noun. Heapster is pretty OG, that started getting used probably around 2017, and is a way better singular noun than Heaperson 😂.

If you go way back, there have even been calls for Heappos (along with an absolutely adorable mascot created IIRC by our current VP of Customer Education and Engagement). Our founding CEO was a fan of Heappo, it was something we bonded over. 

One of our internal tools is called heapcat, and that was created in 2015, I think. A play on hepcat, very cool, very jazz... though in practice, mostly just cat. In fact, you may have seen a reference to this on our 404 pages. There was talk of removing it, but there was a minor mutiny. #TeamHeapcat

Anyway, now you know a bit of Heap history.

heapcat4eva

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thank you @jonathan for being our Heap-storian!