How we convinced our CEO of the value of Heap

• 31 March 2022
  • 2 replies
How we convinced our CEO of the value of Heap
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • New Participant
  • 2 replies

We recently renewed our contract and other customers asked how I positioned Heap to our executives. It distilled down to answering four big questions:

Is Heap Central to our current and future business intelligence (BI) tech stack?

We’ve made it really easy to integrate Heap into our overall BI stack. This is best demonstrated in the examples below. 

Is Heap used across different teams and what value are they getting? 

It was clear the Product team gains value from Heap, but they're not the only ones. The Range teams use Heap to understand purchase conversions and whether there’s engagement with products and how that matches up with trading and forecasting. The Data Science team uses Heap as part of carousel automation and also product recommendations. This breadth and depth of usage reassured leadership of their investment.

Is Heap incorporated into our existing tools and workflows?

Heap is a big tool whose data we try to surface as widely as possible across all areas of the business. Everyone at the company has access to Periscope (our primary SQL tool) so we build dashboards for stakeholders there. That means stakeholders don’t need to learn a new tool which has generated very positive feedback.

Can Heap support our future and expansion growth? 

Our agreement with Heap offered reassurance to our executives that we have the capacity to grow our session volumes and scale for future growth 

With backing from other teams and room for us to grow in the future, it made it easier to make the case for renewal. Overall, my advice for attaining greater value, and making renewal conversations a bit easier, is to grow adoption across your organization and make it easy for other teams to use the data in Heap.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

The Data Science team uses Heap as part of carousel automation and also product recommendations.

Hey @jen , thanks for writing & hope you’re well! This is a really interesting advanced use case. Would someone from your DS team be willing to write a short bit about how they’re doing this and the benefits they’ve seen?

Badge

@jen I run our GTM at Heap and loved reading how you distilled down to 4 big questions to position the  value of Heap to your executive team. We appreciate your partnership and I will keep a eye out for what else you share. Take care