Solved

Automated extraction of chart CSV files.

• 6 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Is it possible to automate the extraction of several CSV files for charts we’ve created?   We would like to surface this data in our intranet portal on a regular basis.    We’ve looked at Heap Connect, but I’m hoping there is a lighter weight solution to just download several chart CSV files without having to manually go into the UI.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by davetee 6 December 2022, 21:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Brian V - I spoke with our architects and Heap Connect is the best way to accomplish this. It’s agreed that a lighter weight approach is desirable. I submitted a product enhancement request for this capability. I also notified your CSM who may have additional ideas. 

Dave

Thanks for the update Dave!  A lighter weight solution would be ideal.   We have many web applications in our Heap account, and having a lightweight way of just consuming a certain chart would be ideal.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Brian V I may or may not have been one of the architects that Dave talked to, but this is a common feature request! For customers I’m working closely with (typically a high touch white glove engagement model) I’ve basically built this for them—automated extraction of CSVs delivered via email. So depending on your use case and appetite, I’d be happy to talk to you about it. If you want, drop me a DM, or have your CSM reach out to me to discuss. 

PS—I’ve also prototyped PDF dashboards over email, so maybe we include that in the conversation :) 

@jonathan I’m glad to hear you have a solution for this. I will reach out to you directly to discuss in more detail.