Solved

Can't seem to figure out how to do an Average Per User

• 1 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to capture averages per user across multiple accounts and found the below article, but the drop down for finding Average per user does not exist.

https://help.heap.io/chart-examples/engagement/see-the-average-event-count-per-user-over-time/

Analyze > Usage over Time > Graph (no option for Average per user)

icon

Best answer by Christy H 1 June 2023, 19:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @akitsen , In this case, this is the result of us testing some new functionality in Heap which not everyone has access to quite yet. But no worries. 

In your account, you’ll want to achieve this by creating a Ratio chart. 

1. ​​​​​​​You’ll want to start with a Count {Event Name} query
  2. Then click Add Ratio
  3. Then add a Count Unique {Event Name} query
  4. Click View Results to get your desired output. 

Happy Heaping!!

@Christy H dang, I really wanted that feature. 

Maybe you can help me here then with this ratio thing, because it doesn’t necessarily easily accomplish what I’m after.

Ultimately, I want the following:

• For Daily Active Users (DAU) 
    • Average count/number of times a particular event was triggered across all users by account 

Resulting in a row per account, with a sum average score of the event across all active users associated to that account. 

Mouthful but its what I’m after. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@akitsen Got it… by adding something like the following filter and groupby to the query I showed above you should get close to what you want. You’ll of course need to define a DAU segment and ensure that you have some property that gives you the account name.