Solved

Changing color lines and line names

• 28 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
  • New Participant
  • 1 reply

I’m making a dashboard for an A/B with a few reports comparing the two tests.

1. Even though I used the same ordering in the definition of the report the colors seemed to default by some other way. This is an issue as each test should be the same color across the reports for clarity. How can this be achieved?

2. The names for each line in the legend are really long and cumbersome. Is there a way to edit them? Say “Test A” and “Test B”..

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Justin 7 July 2022, 21:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

+100 on this!  We have confusing situations where reports on the same dashboard show the similar data in different ways, and the fact the colors don’t align make it super confusing.

Userlevel 2

Hey @Uri !

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - you’ve actually brought up some really cool points and at the right time too! We are currently in the midst of a Beta test allowing users to customize the legends and axis of their charts and funnels, with tables coming within the next week. As for color customization, as of current we are not pursuing this avenue due to accessibility issues with contrast however we are working on a better solution as a fast follow post beta. If you would like I can add your account to the beta test so you can try some of the new features we’ve implemented - I hope that helps solve some of the pain points you're running into! 

If you have any further feedback or questions as well as to get added to the beta please send me an email at justin.seto@heap.io

Justin

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Uri, we’re happy to report that chart color customization and changing the name of axis labels is now available for users on paid plans!