Solved

Dashboard isn't displaying some charts

• 24 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all, 

Hoping for a little help with an issue that we’re facing. There are a handful of new charts that I created a few months back and they’ve been added to a dashboard. They were working fine previously but something seems to have broken now. 

On the dashboard, we’re getting the following for several charts: 

When I click through to see the query in “Analyze”, there is data and a graph is displaying. I can change the filters and date period and everything seems to be working correctly. However, when I return to the Dashboard it says that there is an error. I’ve tried removing it from the dashboard, creating another chart with the same query and it is still erroring on the dashboard. 

Strange thing is that I have other charts that are working fine. I’ve checked my definitions for these charts and they seem to be fine. I can see them when I look at user sessions. 

Have I missed a trick here? 

Really appreciate any help! 

icon

Best answer by danielle 24 February 2023, 22:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

That’s definitely odd! What happens when you click the “try again” button on the dashboard? Also, at the top of your dashboard, what date range are you using? 

Thanks for getting back to me! When I click “Try Again”, the graph just flashes like it has tried to refresh but nothing loads. The charts are set for the past 30 days, but I’ve tried changing the date range on the top of the dashboard and it doesn’t make a difference. When I’m in Analyse, changing the date range is refreshing and updating the data. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @anita l - Danielle from the Heap Support team here. Thanks so much for posting about this. Our Engineering team recently released a fix for this behavior. From what we can see on our end, the charts are now loading as expected on dashboards. Would you be able to confirm this is the case on your end as well? Thanks!

Hi @danielle Thanks for getting back to me. I can confirm that everything is working as expected now! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @anita l - Glad to hear! Hope you have a great week and don’t hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up!