Solved

Do interactions count every keystroke in an input field?

• 25 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Love the effort analysis! Would someone be able to tell me if interactions also would count every keystroke in an input field? I just did a quick check in one of our main workflows and I'm a bit concerned about the high number of interactions I'm seeing, I'm struggling to believe that can be the case.

icon

Best answer by AnyaLiv 11 March 2022, 18:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey @marsan
Off the cuff, it is not looking at the actual input, but the changes and where they are made, yes! It is also counting things you have not defined yet, so they could be interacting with something else as well. 

Went into the resources for proper definitions!
Interactions: Total count of clicks, form changes, and form submissions between steps (including interactions you haven’t defined yet).

Time engaged: Time to convert from one step to the next, but only counting “engaged” time (when there is at least one interaction within 60 seconds) and ignoring time spent away from the computer (e.g. stepping away for an hour).

Retry Rate: The percentage of users who needed to revisit your workflow across multiple sessions to convert to the next step.

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

To add a tiny bit more clarity - effort analysis is based entirely on autocaptured user events, and in the case of input fields, an event is captured only during the Change on browser event. As of today, none of our autocapture SDKs capture individual keystrokes as events. You can find a bit more on this topic in our documentation on Autocaptured Data.