Solved

Feature request: Set a list of events that are filtered by default in User session explorer

• 25 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

When you use heap a lot, you end up creating a ton of definitions.  Many times it’s because of the limitations in how segments can be defined which need events created vs filtering within the segment definition...I have a separate feature request just listed here: 

One consequence of this, is that in User Session explorer, we end up seeing SO MANY EVENTS LISTED for user sessions, it’s distracting. Here is a trivial example:

Imagine we have these events defined because they are used in certain reports or segment definitions:

• Any click of Add to Cart in Men’s category
  • Any click of Add to Cart on a T-Shirt Product Details Page
  • Any Click of Add to Cart on any page

Then imagine in a user session, they click “add to cart” on a men’s tshirt.  The user session explorer will show all 3 of these events which is confusing for most people and noisy.

Instead, I wish in session explorer, there was a way to specify which events should be hidden by default for the organization. In the above case, I would hide at least the “Any Click of Add to cart on any page” wsince that is too generic when there will certainly be other events more specific.  But the beauty of this configuration approach, is that each heap customer can define which events are redundant vs Heap guessing.

icon

Best answer by Trevin 26 July 2022, 23:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I mention user session explorer above but this applies to Paths view as well. With so many events path view is probably our least useful Heap feature because of how noisy it is.