Solved

Feture request: Be able to apply event filters when creating a segment

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Currently, it is not possible to create a segment based on an event that you want to also filter.

This forces us to create a lot of extra events which can bloat our events if these new events are only used for a segment for say a short period of time.

E.g. Imagine if I wanted to create a segment for users that have visited a page 5 or more times.  This is what you see:

notice there is no way to filter that event to restrict it to a path.  So instead, I have to first create an event that filters that Pageview event based on path, then use that new event in the segment definition.

It would be far simpler to just allow segments to apply event filters then let us determine whether we want to make that a a unique event or not.

icon

Best answer by sgarboden 26 July 2022, 23:04

View original

2 replies

Badge

Thanks, Trevin! We’ve definitely heard this one before. I’ve just bumped an older thread on the request I made for you on this one that was pushed to our internal tracking tool:) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I would also like this feature. I’m stuck trying to figure out the segment of users who did an event by 5 different Paths similar to above, that they have viewed 5 different pages without having an event for each page...