Solved

Filter out internal users

• 1 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey All,

I’ve got several charts up and running based on users and user sessions. I’d like to find a way to filter out internal users. That doesn’t seem to be a standard field I can filter on. I’m thinking either filtering based on email or account name? Any guidance is appreciated, thanks!

icon

Best answer by Christy H 2 June 2023, 23:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey All,

I’ve got several charts up and running based on users and user sessions. I’d like to find a way to filter out internal users. That doesn’t seem to be a standard field I can filter on. I’m thinking either filtering based on email or account name? Any guidance is appreciated, thanks!

Hi @lkswartz , have you seen these two resources?:

Thanks for sharing! I hadn’t seen these. I have tried including the “Identity” filter, but it isn’t filtering out correctly for me. The IP Address might work, but would be cumbersome given the large global internal users we have. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@lkswartz Can you share the filter you set up using identity?

This is the most common way to do this and should work. As an example...here is what we might set up in Heap to exclude our own team’s from our analysis.

I was able to get some additional values entered for the identities to capture our global internal team and seems to be working. Thanks for all the help!