Solved

How can I know the percentage of my users that do something X times?

• 28 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I want to use percentiles instead of averages to solve questions like:

Whats the % of my users that do something X times?

My end goal is to be able to say
90% of my users did a specific thing X times

75% of my users did that same thing Y times

Thanks you!

icon

Best answer by ALabs I Bhupender 1 May 2023, 07:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Marina,

For solving such questions, you may use the “Ratio” graph in Heap. The ratio graph feature enables you to plot the ratio between two metrics. This is achieved by dividing the data from the first metric by the data from the second metric, and then graphing the resulting values.

Example: Whats the % of my users that do something X times?

Example of knowing the daily percentage of users clicking Contact in Nav 10 times out of total users (has done session)

You may use the “+ Add another” button to compare two ratios like, 

% of users did a specific thing X times VS % of users did that same thing Y times

Example:

Example of comparing two ratios.

Note: You will have to check the “Display ratios as percentages” option under the Customize menu of the chart to see the percentage instead of ratio.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thank you! It's been very useful! I have been playing with ratios and it gave such good insight. 

The only thing I have a doubt with is I don't actually have the same dropdown options as you do so I can't select "User segmentation".  I wonder if its because of having different plans and I would need a different one in order yo use it as you do in your examples. This is what I have:

Is it just that it's a different usage of language and I can choose something in my list?

Thanks again :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Marina,

You may use the “Number of Users” metrics, it is same as user segmentation. The language is different because of the new UI changes.