Solved

How can I see all events with the same property?

• 10 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Noob here. I just got access to our Heap account into which we are pushing data from multiple web properties (my lingo is probably GA-centric since I know that tool better). I built an implementation by hand to send events with the Custom API from our monolithic web app.

So far I’ve been able to use filters to find events in the live stream and pinpoint various users, and I can see the custom event meta fields I’m sending - but I can’t figure out how to build a chart to view all the users who have a given property.

For example, our app uses a role-based permission system, and I’m sending the user’s role in the custom event. How do I make a chart that breaks down count of users grouped by role?

icon

Best answer by Rohin-Heap 11 March 2023, 00:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello PHPGuru,

Happy to help here!  Are these properties a user based property or an event based property? Typically if you mention a user profile, most of our customers send this data with Heap.AddUserProperties() and then you can do a report with Number of Users grouped by Role.  This will let you see all the values.

If you are attaching these values at the event level than you will want to Analyze the Counts and do Count (Event) (add more events if this property can exist in multiple places), Group by Event Property.  That will show you the number of times the event was done and with what Role.  You can also do Count Unique Users to see how many unique users have those roles as well. 

Let me know if that helps! Or if you supply your website I’m happy to take a closer look.

The properties I am seeking are sent in a custom event. I’m going to try to count unique users with certain roles and will post back if I have further questions. Thanks!