Solved

How do I set "Entire Range as granularity"?

• 27 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m currently evaluating Heap for our analytics. One of the things I’m curious about is adoption of features, not necessarily over time but within a given time range. In my application, I’m sending a track event like this:

heap.track('Name of my feature', { didTheyUseIt: true })

For viewing this data, I just want a pie chart comparing the `didTheyUseIt` property. I don’t care about Usage over time, just - within the time period, how many of these are true and how many are false?

Is a chart like this possible?

icon

Best answer by Christy H 27 September 2022, 22:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey @Paul from Welbi,

It sounds like a ratio graph is what you want here. You’ll want to set up a query that looks at the unique users who used a feature and another that looks at all of the users who could have used the feature (often a login, or viewing a page within your app). The example below shows you what this might look like. Make sure to click Add ratio instead of Add another graph when building your query.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

While this wasn’t exactly the solution to my problem, it was your Date Range as “Entire Range” that I needed to set to get what I wanted. I’ll explore the Ratio tool more though.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Glad to hear it was helpful Paul. I suggested the ratio b/c that’s the only way to answer the second part of your question about how many folks did not do something compared to those that did.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I hear you! I appreciate it. It was more this that I was looking for :) But thanks again for your help! It got me on the right track.

I don’t see where this addresses the question, “How do I set "Entire Range as granularity?"

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@joymccaffrey - see under Date Range? “Past 7 Days” grouped by “Entire Range”