Solved

How to determine which accounts have not done an action

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello!

Heap is really great at identifying which of our users/accounts have adopted new features, but we’re trying to figure out which accounts have not done an event to know which customers to target. Is there a simple way to see this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Nora-Heap 10 March 2023, 21:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey Amanda!! Thanks for sharing your question here. If you want to work at the account level I would recommend the following logic: look for accounts that don’t have any users who have done X event at any time. With our account analysis graph, that logic gets broken down into two parts:

1. Accounts without any users
  2. Where the user has done X event at any time

You can then group this analysis by the Account or customer name, or some other unique account identifier to see which accounts match the criteria you’re looking for. This will provide a list of accounts that have not done the X event at any time. 

Let me know if that helps or if you have other questions! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Nora-Heap ,

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried doing this, but for some reason I cannot group by anything: 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey Amanda,

Sorry, I didn’t realize your team has yet to send some account properties into Heap! You can run this report by analyzing users who have never done this event. Here is the report: https://heapanalytics.com/app/env/2088009681/graph/chart/preview/5341553

The logic you’re looking for is matched by the following behavioral property (users who have not done):