Solved

I have several of our URLs blocked but still seeing information from them

• 15 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I have blocked our DEV and QA sites in the privacy and security so that we are not getting metrics on those sites but I am still seeing those pages linked and being reported on. Why?

icon

Best answer by julia 21 February 2023, 19:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @elizabeth! What chart are you looking at to get the results you included in your screenshot? Knowing that will help narrow down what could be causing this. Thank you! 

Hi Julia! Thanks for responding! The chart I am showing is looking at the initial landing pages someone comes to on the site. My assumption would be that if those websites are actually blocked it should not be showing any data from those websites and I should not see information from those websites. I am asking it to block that information and not include it in any reporting. I am just wondering how/why that information is shown if the information is truly being blocked.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @elizabeth ! Do you mind re-creating that chart and checking data from this week? There was a product bug late last week that may have given you those results. 

Also, note that the privacy settings do not retroactively block or modify data that has already been collected, it only impacts data collection going forward. For example, if you look right now at chart data from the last 7 days, you might still see improper data. 

It does seem like in the last 7 days those websites have been removed from that chart. Thanks so much.