Solved

Is it possible to prevent analytics collection from dev environment?

• 7 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi Heap team, I’m about to start set up heap for the work project. Is there any way to setup heap to collect analytics only from production environments and not collect it from development ones?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by davetee 7 December 2022, 16:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Tatiana - Welcome to the Heap Community! 

The simplest was to not collect analytics in your dev environment is to not include the Heap snippet in dev environment pages. 

I see you’re a software engineer - are you also looking for a way to capture server-side events in your product environment, but not dev?

Dave

Hi @Tatiana - Welcome to the Heap Community! 

The simplest was to not collect analytics in your dev environment is to not include the Heap snippet in dev environment pages. 

I see you’re a software engineer - are you also looking for a way to capture server-side events in your product environment, but not dev?

Dave

Hi Dave thanks for the reply.

Yes correct the analytics should be collected from the other environments (production, staging) but not the dev one. I’ve just started and looking at the dev guides right now.

I actually have another question - am I understand it correctly that if the Heap snippet is included in dev environment pages, the analytics will be collected automatically even if there’s no event tracking set up for the dev environment?

Thank you.