Solved

New User Session View - how can we jump to a specific date?

• 27 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi,

We are finding ourselves scrolling endlessly in the “see all sessions” screen in the scenario of looking for a session from 10 days ago, of a very active user with dozens of daily sessions.

The session dates filter is not working…

Any ideas how we can improve our search?

icon

Best answer by julia 27 April 2023, 22:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi,

We are finding ourselves scrolling endlessly in the “see all sessions” screen in the scenario of looking for a session from 10 days ago, of a very active user with dozens of daily sessions.

The session dates filter is not working…

Any ideas how we can improve our search?

Hi @Shai G.A , sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and is working on a solution. We will circle back here to post an update as soon as possible.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Shai G.A, can you please check if this is fixed for you?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Works smoothly now. Thank you so much, it will save us so much time

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @Shai G.A ! I know you ended up getting this answered by Julia a while back, but wanted to share that we just released a beta for a new view that should help make it easier to find exactly the right session you’re looking for, no more scrolling endlessly. 

As an example, this type of search on the new sessions view would show me sessions from user ID = 123, and only the sessions where they did the “Add to cart” action, that happened between May 9 - May 13. 

There’s more here with a demo video, but if you reach out to me at emily.brodman@heapanalytics.com or your Heap account rep, I’d love to get your team enabled for this beta to see if this makes that workflow easier!