Solved

Page view tracking with same url

• 4 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi team, 

We are trying to do a page view ab experiment where users will go to to 2 separate pages that have the same path or url but will be totally different when it comes to html look of the page. Is there a way I can track these page interactions separately on heap using some page property? This can be used to divide users based in this page property. Any help here would be highly appreciated. Would liek to point out that am new to heap

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Rich 5 October 2022, 13:32

View original

2 replies

So just to clarify further, the 2 pages will have same url but will have totally different look and feel with different html components. Need to define a property for say 1 html component present in one page vs absent in other. (at pageview level itself before the user even interacts with the page components)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, 

Richard here - your Heap CSM here.There are a couple of ways to do this:

1. You can use your experiment data from VWO and filter the Pageviews event depending on which experiment ID the user was exposed to

2. You can create a snapshot using the properties associated with your client side site to determine which version of the page a user was interacting with 

I hope this helps, please feel free to reach out to me directly on 

richard.roberts@heap.io