Solved

Path analysis not showing some page path

Userlevel 1
  • New Participant
  • 1 reply

Hey,

I’m building a path analysis:
Raw Pageviews Only From Session, filtered for the homepage. 
The result is missing some of the page URL paths instead showing just “/”, see pic. 
This issue remains when changing to From View - Home and some other changes I’ve tried except when changing to Raw Pageviews & Defined Events. What’s going on?

Thanks,

Uri

icon

Best answer by Christy H 15 July 2022, 00:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Uri, the forward slash “/” that you are seeing in that image is representing a user viewing the homepage of your site or app.

When using pageviews in Path analysis we will only show you the portion of the url that comes after the slash in the primary domain. When there isn’t anything after the primary URL, we use this forward slash symbol “/” to represent that.

Hopefully, that clears up your question and let’s you get some great insights from the Path Analysis that you are running!

Userlevel 1

Hey Christy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Another clarification: If the homepage appears in two consecutive steps in the path (like in the pic in steps 2 and 3), what is the interpretation? Reloading the page?

Thanks,

Uri

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey Uri,

You’re welcome!! There are a few reasons that you may see repeat pageviews in Paths. This doc has a bit more information which might help. https://help.heap.io/define-analyze/analysis-features/paths-analysis/#why-do-i-see-so-many-repeat-pageviews