Solved

Point to different heap project runtime within the app

• 11 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, I’m using Heap with React Native
Can I point to different heap project run time by calling Heap.setAppId for android? For example when user logs in into the app - and we want to initialise the heap according to heap id we’re receiving from log in response. 

Basically we’re using 3 different environment and we want to point to appropriate heap project (dev, staging, production) upon user login. 

Is this possible for Android using React Native? 

icon

Best answer by Brian W 20 January 2023, 15:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, thanks for reaching out!

I’ve consulted with our mobile team on this, and unfortunately we don’t currently support initializing Heap at any time in the lifecycle of an app other than on startup. It’s an interesting use case, and I’ve submitted a feature request to our product team to consider adding this functionality in future releases, but we don’t have a great way to support it currently. We’re sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you for the response, looking forward for this feature!

Hi Brian W,
We have similar need on assigning heap id in runtime of a React website, any update on this?

Hi @Brian W

Same, we have similar need where we need to switch environment where we log data during runtime. both IOS/Android with React Native Heap integration. Any updates on this?