Solved

Report on a prior step in a funnel

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, I’m stuck and now sure the best way to find the the previous page/site a user was on before they viewed a specific page. We have some pages to be retired but they’re still receiving page views. We need to know who is linking in so we can contact them with the correct details. These may be internal. 

I created a funnel with just the one item and the graphic has prior step 1, but is it possible to get a list of the URLs in prior step 1? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by gwen.pasch 13 June 2022, 20:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@BiancaJessica I would actually try using the Graph chart type!

If you do a count of the Pageview that you’re interested in, you can then group by the Referrer (the webpage that directed to your website and initiated the session) and Previous Page (the page on your website that a user was on before coming to the Pageview you’re interested in).

If the Referrer was google.com and the previous_page is None then that would mean Google is linking directly to your retired page.

If the previous_page is populated with something other than None, then there’s an internal page linking directly to your retired page. In the example below, it’s indicating that the home page of the website is linking directly to the retired page.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@gwen.pasch THANK YOU. I started there but missed previous page. This is very helpful.