Session Replay Course & Dedicated Docs: Come check it out!

• 12 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi all!

We just wanted to highlight some exciting educational materials connected to the newly-announced Session Replay: 

1. Getting Started with Session Replay Course - This is a great primer on quantitative+qualitative and an exploration on how Session Replay can transform how you use Heap!
  2. A dedicated section of Docs for Session Replay - this is full of detailed guides and documentation on all things Session Replay, from set up to troubleshooting to FAQs.
  3. Looking for information on privacy settings? Here’s a dedicated article.

As always, we welcome your questions and feedback! Let us know if there’s something you’d like to see or if anything is missing. 

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Eric.mistry , great that session replay is now released! 

Question: I can see recordings of the user sessions, how can i know the user info associated with each recording? (such as what’s the user ID)

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I enabled session replay yesterday and it is adding ar_hide to the class attribute which is causing issues on my app. I turned it off and the app is functioning fine again. How do I address this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@DaniB  Very sorry to hear that. It seems like this is a feature that’s been in place for years and is used to hide sensitive fields like inputs. Can you elaborate on what issues this is causing in your app so we can share it with our engineering team?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@davetee We are experiencing issues in that some of our functionality relies on a specific class name to be extracted, and because the classname is being modified the extracted value no longer matches the required fields.  We can certainly address this but did not even know to expect this new behavior until our production features stopped working.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thanks @DaniB - I shared with our engineering team to investigate. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

For those wondering what Session Replays do, check out the guide here: https://www.heap.io/topics/session-replays-recordings