Solved

Property calculations

• 26 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I am stuck trying to calculate something I can make it work for 1 day but not a range of days.

Our product has these widgets you can add to a dashboard and as we launch new ones we want to see what the uptake is. We added some code to make a custom property that counts the number of each type of widget you have on each of your dashboards. That works perfectly and i can get the count data.

Where i come unstuck is creating a chart that either misses things or overcounts.

Above is an example of what i have set up, so what i wanted to do is when someone goes to a dashboard, count the max of each type of widget they have on that day and add all the dashboards across all our users so that i can spot what is the most used widget.

If i use max i get the highest of each widget but not the sum of the highest of each widget on all dashboards. So if one user has 4 of widget x on dashboard a and 5 of widget x on dashboard b I get 5. i don’t get 9. 

Here are some examples with their settings.

I get a total of 10

i get a total of 4

I get a total of 11

I get a total of 12

I tried sum and that works for a single day but then for a range of days you get the sum of every day and that’s not right either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Plasticlizzard 26 July 2023, 16:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I now know why this is happening. I am getting the max for the grouping i select so when i select path i am getting the right number, however as this is a multi-tenant site path makes for a really horrible chart.