Solved

Table Showing Sessions with Multiple Events

• 8 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I’m trying to understand how often users perform two different events in the same session, for several events across our product. I know how to use Heap to answer the question, “In how many sessions did a user Perform Event 1 and Event 2.” But what I’m struggling to do is to create that analysis at scale.

Ideally I’d like to create a table like this, where each cell is the number of sessions in which those two events were both performed.

Can anyone help me find a way to do this in Heap? I don’t necessarily need the pretty table, just a way to find the answer more quickly than asking Heap for each combination individually.

icon

Best answer by dlad 8 November 2023, 23:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey there! That’s an interesting analysis question, thank you for posting. Off the top of my head, there isn’t a “direct” analysis feature that will show it, but we can easily back into it. Try setting up a “number of sessions” type graph, with two events, and group by Session ID. The number of rows that share a session_id value for both (or more) events in the analysis is your answer for “in how many sessions did X+Y occur, in no particular order”.

To get the number of rows, export the result to CSV and run a quick calc in Excel or Google Sheets.

I hope this helps!