Question

Excuse specific subdomain(s) from Source when using *.domain.com to track multiple subdomains

• 3 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

In my Production environment I have multiple subdomains for my application. However there are a few I would like to exclude from tracking as they will skew my results.

Do I need to manually exclude this subdomain(s) in every chart I create or can I do so across all Source or Session at Heaps build-in session/events level?

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I hope you are doing well. If you have multiple subdomains for my application. And there are a few you would like to exclude from tracking you don’t need to manually exclude this subdomain(s) in every chart. 
Below I am attaching screenshot along with journey where you’ll find a best way to do this.

Go to
Account ➡ Manage ➡ Privacy & Security ➡ Capture Controls ➡ Block user activity for specified domains, subdomains, and/or pages 

In this section you can put those domains you want to exclude for to capture the data. Hope it helps.

Let me know if you need more detailed steps on this process or any other assistance!

Regards,