Solved

Sequence of events

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi all,

I want to create an event definition which is only triggered if two specific events are performed one after the other. It's not a CTR neither a Conversion that I want to look at. Basically the sequence is:

1. Dataflow - Click - Header - Automap connection
  2. Dataflow - Click - Line - Delete

Long story short, I need to have an event which triggers the manual DELETED connections in the Dataflow page right after an Automap connection button in the page header.

I have these events created separately but I'm struggling to get right sequence. Any suggested chart I can use for this?

I've looked into the path analysis, funnel and conversion, but any of these give me the answer I'm looking fore.

Best regards,

Bernardo Madeira

icon

Best answer by adam 8 June 2022, 12:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Bernardo,

Events can’t be conditionally triggered like that unless their definition on site changes as well. So one option would be to code an additional property to the delete button if the user has done the required action. That’s not something that can be done inside Heap though.

What output are you looking for here? Do you need to see the number of clicks or the number of users? One possible solution would be to graph the number of users who have done a specific sequence:

That won’t get your click count though if that’s what you need.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Adam,

I created a report for the sequence of events, although, I think it's not the best solution. Because when I want to get the avg time between I believe the calculation might be affected by other events happening in between which we can control.

Best regards,

Bernardo Madeira