Solved

Visual Label Loading but not appearing

• 24 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I try to load the visual labeler and it successfully launched the app, however the expected menu bar and actual labeling overlay do not appear. I can use my application like normal.  

Repro steps: 

1. Launch Visual labeler 
  2. See this page 
  3. My application is triggered in a different tab, I can log in like normal 

4. Heap tab closes itself

5. No visual labeler bar shows up as would be expected

icon

Best answer by ALabs I Shubham Sharma 25 July 2023, 09:20

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hi there,

Based on the information provided, the problem might be related to the Visual Labeling initialization failure, some of the common reasons could be:

Check Heap Analytics Settings:
Please review the Content Security Policy (CSP) settings in Heap Analytics. Ensure that they allow the necessary resources for the Visual Labeler to load correctly. Adjusting the CSP configurations may resolve the issue.

Disable Visual labeling(if applicable):
If Heap Analytics triggers Visual labeling, it could potentially interfere with the Visual Labeler's appearance. Temporarily disable the Event Visualizer in Heap Analytics to see if it resolves the problem with the Visual Labeler.

Inspect for Cookie Blockers:
Check your browser extensions and settings to ensure there are no cookie blockers or privacy-related extensions that might affect the Visual Labeler's functionality. If necessary, whitelist the domain of the Visual Labeler to allow it to function properly.

Analyze Heap Analytics Script:
There might be conflicts between the Heap Analytics script and the Visual Labeler script, leading to unexpected behavior. Inspect the Heap Analytics script implementation and address any conflicts with other scripts to ensure smooth functioning.

You may refer to this Heap document on why visual labeling might not work, to determine the specific reason for your case and find methods to solve it.

If you have tried the above solutions and visual labeling still does not work, you may contact Heap’s support via the "Get Support" section on your Heap account.