Solved

can I delete the 'main' project?

• 8 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

I am organizing my Heap instance and saw that we are not utilizing the project named ‘Main’.

Do eliminate any confusion I would like to erase it, but could not find out if that is possible.

Can I?

If not, why so?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by julia 8 August 2023, 20:37

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hi Rotem_F,

You cannot delete the “Main” project in Heap as it gets created by default once you create your Heap account.

To avoid any confusion within your Heap account, I’d suggest you restrict access to the “Main” project. By doing that, no one will be able to access the project and you may utilize it in the future in case you wish to add the Heap snippet to a new domain.

I hope this will solve any problem that you are facing.

Do let me know if you have any further questions and I’d be happy to help you out.

Thanks!

Azma | Scaletrix.ai (previously “ALabs”)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello,

I am organizing my Heap instance and saw that we are not utilizing the project named ‘Main’.

Do eliminate any confusion I would like to erase it, but could not find out if that is possible.

Can I?

If not, why so?

Thanks!

Hi @Rotem_F , 

It is not possible to delete the “Main” project. A workaround is to have our Support team swap out the project you really use with the default “Main” one. You can request this via the Get support page.

An important caveat: The name of your project will change. Whatever name you have for the existing project will turn into "main" after the swap. Some customers prefer keeping the name of their existing project and they don’t want to change it, especially with multiple projects, so they just leave  "main" as an empty placeholder.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

thank you to both of you! Your answered helped!