Solved

Why is the Page title showing up in another language

• 20 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

In the heap overview(left navigation bar) at the top of the page you can see Product engagement, one of the charts is Engagement by Pageview.

It is quite confusing to see page views in another language, could someone explain why this is happening?

icon

Best answer by Scaletrix I Shubham Sharma 22 September 2023, 10:11

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hi Wangui,

The reason why you are seeing Page titles in a different language is because a user visited your platform from another region and has translated the page to another language.

Do you wish to combine the results for the various languages or do you only wish to see the results in English?

If you could help me with this information, I'll be able to provide an accurate solution.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!

Badge +1

Hi Sharma,

Thank you for replying to my query.

I want to be able to only see the results in English. 

Badge

Hi Wangui,

Thanks for your reply!

From the information you provided, it seems that you only need the titles in English. Based on my assumption, there are one or two possibilities, but the methods to achieve this might be somewhat manual and lengthy to implement. I'm sharing a screenshot where you can create defined event properties and apply that property to your graph or download the Google Translate extension to view all the results in English.

I hope this helps!

Badge +1

Thank you! That worked, but the only problem now is that the board in the Overview does not update this change.

Is there anyway to remove or update the charts placed in the overview?

Badge

Hi Wangui,

In this situation, the overview section generates the reports automatically through Heap. However, you can edit these reports by adding your defined event properties, or you can translate them to English using the Google Translate extension mentioned earlier.

I hope this helps!