Solved

Is there a way to get my data reset?

• 23 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

So we started setting up the stats which i am loving but as we progressed we worked out some wrinkles in what we wanted to capture (adding custom attributes), IP addresses from our devops bots we wanted to exclude etc.

I was wondering if there was a way to reset my “history” but keep all of the setup like events, pages, charts etc that I have built. For example I had to create a segment to wildcard match the bots, i have to exclude that segment from every chart, now we are ignoring the ip addresses from the bots i can’t turn of the segment as it covers historical data.

Any guidance would be welcome.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by dan 24 February 2023, 18:45

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hi Plasticlizzard!

Happy to help here! So any definitions you create within a Project will be shared amongst all Environments within that project. While you can submit a data deletion request through our Solutions team at support@heap.io, it may be easier to simply create a new Environment within that Project so that you can start from scratch while retaining the same Definitions.

For more information on creating new Environments, you can refer to our Projects & Environments guide on our Help Center here:

https://help.heap.io/data-management/data-management-features/projects-environments/#creating-new-environments

Additionally, if you want to switch your newly created Environment with your old one for naming purposes, you can put in this request through support@heap.io, specifying which environments need to be switched and we’ll be happy to do this for you!

Hopefully this helps!

Dan | Solutions Engineer @ www.heap.io

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks Dan I will give it a go.

Mike