Hi community, Heap’s head of docs here!
I'm very excited to announce the publication of a brand-new resource for documentation leaders: Docs Overview, our official guide on how to use Heap to measure the effectiveness of your docs!
We spent lots of time whittling down this guide to the perfect set of “docs 101” charts for your team, which includes:
- Most-viewed pages, broken down a few different ways
- Most-clicked table of content sections
- Most popular search terms 🔍
- Search terms that yielded NO results 😱
- Conversions to docs engagement from your app or marketing website, and vice versa
We’ll recommend the best events, properties, and segments to use in these charts, and next steps / actions you can take based on these chart results.
This was a labor of love from our docs team to yours. If you’re using Heap to measure engagement with your docs, or if you use this guide in any way, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to share them on this post or send them to email@example.com.