Solved

API for Data Analytics

• 18 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Is there an HEAP API for fetching analytics data from an external source?

icon

Best answer by Rae 20 July 2023, 22:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Is there an HEAP API for fetching analytics data from an external source?

Hi @Usman Asif , we have a number of Integrations, what external source do you have in mind?

Hi @julia, our application is mainly a CRM in which we want to integrate HEAP. We are mainly working on a feature for which we need to record the number of user sessions, last seen value, session duration and stuff like this.
I have tested all the stuff by connecting HEAP with our application in a demo account. All the information is visible on the HEAP dashboard. But, what we actually need is to get this data in our application. And this will be possible with an API on HEAP’s side.
Let me know what you think about this.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello! Thanks for your question! 

Currently, there is no API endpoint to pull data out of Heap to send into another platform. I would be happy to forward your use case to the product team as a feature request!

Right now- the only way to pull data out of Heap for analysis in other platforms is with Heap Connect, which will send your user and event data downstream to a warehouse. From there, it can be integrated into the rest of your data ecosystem! To get started with Connect, feel free to reach out to sales@heap.io or your Heap Customer Success Manager!