Solved

Create 1 event instead of 25

• 31 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

I want the help in creating bulk of events. My scenario is that I have 25 officers detail on one of my page, so i want to know how many user have clicked on the particular information of one officer, and track the number of clicks of it.

So I have created 25 events, creating seperate event of every officer, but when I went to chart for creating the report, I got to know that only 12 events can be entered in a report.

So what is the alternate of this problem or query?

icon

Best answer by Upasna 31 March 2023, 15:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Shariqamir,

To solve this you can follow a few steps:

•  You can create a global event for the info click for all the officers info element.
  •  Create a property for the officers name, use this property in Group By in reports.
  • With this, we will have only one event for each info section for all the officers which could be grouped by the officers' name
It would be helpful if you can share a screenshot of the inspect element (expanding the css selectors of the required elements) so that I can help you with more information.

Thanks!
Userlevel 1

Hello,

Thanks for taking your time and trying to help me with this query.

Below I have shared the screenshot of CSS of one of the highlighted button, to which I want to create a event.

I have total of 25 sections of “learn more about me” on the same page.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Shariqamir,

Thanks for sharing the Screenshot, here I am sharing a screenshot of the suggested method to give you more detail of recommended steps:
Example for Global Event  grouping by  property 

In the above screenshot, we have created a Global event for social media and grouped it by custom even social media to get the name of social media. i.e. YouTube, Facebook, etc.
We will also be requiring a few more info to provide you with the best information:
  • Can you please inspect the "Learn About ME" and share a screenshot with us- This will help us in understanding the Hierarchy as well as the unique data attributes if they have any.
  • Please share the Image of the example of two events defined for "Learn About Me"- It will help us to know if there is any unique attribute which is present in the CSS selector to define separately for each officer.
  • Please create a report with one of these 25 events 'Group it by hierarchy put it in a tabular form and share the Screenshot- It helps us to know the Hierarchy of the element.