Solved

Group by Path not showing full URL

• 12 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, I’ve just started using Heap recently and so far its been super useful 😊 but I keep getting stuck in the same question when creating dashboards. I haven’t found an answer for this yet, so I would appreciate the help.

For context: each one of our clients has a specific URL with numbers at the end of it. For example: www.ourcompany.page.com/XXX/XXX. The numbers XXX/XXX are used in different URLs across the app when this client is using it. This is the way we identify each of our clients.

I’m using the Highest engagement pages (views per viewer) chart and when I group by path, I see only the XXX/XXX numbers, but not the name of the page that they’re using, which is the useful part for us (since the numbers XXX/XXX repeat in multiple URLs). Please can you help me out identifying why is this happenning? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ariana-Heap 16 June 2023, 16:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Claudia! Thanks for your question and I’m glad to hear you’ve found Heap useful so far.

For the use case you described, you could group your analysis by Domain instead of Path. The Domain property will show you everything that comes before the forward slash in the URL. Using your example, you would see results like ourcompany.page.com rather than /XXX/XXX. I hope that helps! Please let us know if we can help out further.