Solved

custom data-attributes not reaching Heap anymore

• 22 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Dear community
In our app, we have added custom data attributes to all relevant UI elements (e.g. data-heap="element-name") so that we can correctly and uniquely identify and tag them as events in heap. Until the end of June, everything worked smoothly and the elements were correctly recorded in heap. Since then, all events defined using these data attributes are no longer recorded. All other events continue to arrive in heap. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this behavior?
Best regards, Marco

icon

Best answer by Preetam Barik 23 August 2023, 18:03

View original

6 replies

Badge +1

Hi @marco ,

Hope you are well.

Would you mind sharing a just the screenshot of the criteria of any such event you have defined using data attributes. This would help us to understand this better.

Thanks and Regards,

Preetam Barik | Scaletrix AI

Badge +1

Dear @Preetam Barik 

Thank you very much for your reply!
Sure, here is a screenshot of such an event:

Best, Marco

Badge +1

Hi @marco ,

Thanks for sharing the same. Looking at the event criteria it looks it should work correctly.

I would recommend trying few workarounds to see if that works:

1. Removing the “ “ : Ex: [data-heap=quickstart-dismiss-button]
  2. Check if this attribute is defined on svg elements

If both of things does not work. You can also share a screenshot of the live data feed showing the event(when you perform the action in your platform) to check the hierarchy property of the click.

Please let us know in case of additional questions.

Thanks and Regards,

Badge +1

Hi @Preetam Barik 

Thank you for your reply!

I have tried to remove the “ before, unfortunately without success. The weird thing is, that the events came in with this exact same event criteria until end of June.

This is what the event from a live data feed looks like:

Also here you can see, that the data-attributes are no longer shown in here. Even though they are 100% sure on the element in our platform, as you can see in this following screenshot:

Badge +1

Hi @marco ,

I tried but could not actually come to the exact reason of why this is happening. I would request you to kindly share this with Heap’s support via “support@heap.io”.

Badge +1

Hi @Preetam Barik 

Thank you very much for your help. I tried to contact the support already, but I couldn’t get an answer yet, because I am on the free plan. I will try again, because if this will not work, the product will not be of any use to us.

Have a good day!