Solved

How to setup Heap with React Native & Expo with Expo Router

• 26 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’ve followed the Heap React Native setup guide, and able to get basic user data and manually coded tracking events sent to Heap, but none of autotracking touching events.

Since Expo Router is a filed based router that not exposing NavigationContainer. So I’m skipped this step.

To my understood, I should still be able to see autotracked touching events. But I’m not actually seeing them. Why?

icon

Best answer by dlad 8 November 2023, 23:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey there,

I should disclose I’m not a React Native expert, but wanted to ask if you’ve had a chance to review the Expo framework limitations in our React Native install documentation:

• Heap uses native modules that aren't available in Expo Go. Events won't be logged while using Expo Go and failure messages will be logged when events aren't logged. This won't impact other app behavior but limits your ability to test a Heap integration in a managed workflow.

• When using a managed workflow, it's possible to validate events Heap by either temporarily ejecting to a bare workflow to produce simulator or device builds, or by validating off of an EAS build.

Additionally, I assume you’ve checked RN version compatibility with Heap’s RN SDK versions. These are the first things we always check, thank you for providing additional information!